An alternative shortbread swapping butter for our delicious cold pressed rapeseed oil - suitable for vegans.
250g Plain flour
75g Caster Sugar (plus extra for sprinkling)
1/2 tbsp Cornflour
1 tsp Vanilla extract
150ml Bell and Loxton Cold pressed rapeseed oil
- Place flour, sugar, cornflour and pinch of salt in processor and mix briefly.
- Add vanilla extract and Bell and Loxton cold pressed rapeseed oil - mix until you have a soft golden dough. Wrap and chill for 30 minutes.
- Heat oven to 180c /160c fan / gas 4 and line baking tray.
- Lightly flour surface and roll out dough to 5mm thickness, use a cutter to cut out shortbread.
- Sprinkle a little sugar over the top of biscuits and bake for 15 minutes until golden brown.